- Blanding's turtles are always smiling!
- Bright yellow neck
- Highly domed carapaces (upper shells).
- Many irregular radiation dots (small and discrete) on their shells
- Large black symmetrically arranged scutes
- Blanding's turtles are semi-aquatic and will travel long distances to reach nesting sites- up to 2.5km from wetlands
- Like large shallows, ponds, and marshes
- Will be found in creeks with soft-bottoms
- Eats fish, frogs, berries, crayfish, plants and dead animals
- Capable of catching live fish
Range in The Land Between (Ontario Nature Atlas):