The Turtle Guardian program works collaboratively with organizations, individuals and institutions to gather and generate the best science available to save turtles. Stay tuned as we load more great research here...
Best Management Practices and Mitigation Methods
- Turtle Nest- Road Shoulder Maintenance BMP Guide for municipalities. 03.2017
- Draft Turtle Mitigation for Roads and Highways. Interim Guidelines. OMNRF
- Effective Placement of Road Mitigation Using Lessons from Crossing Signs. Gunson_Schueler_et al 2012
- Best Management Practices for Mitigation of Roads on Reptiles and Amphibians and SAR in Ontario. Gunson_et al 2016
Biology, Life Cycle. Nesting Behaviour etc.
- Differences in Habitat Selection and Survivorship Between Hatchlings of Two Turtles at Risk Species. Paterson et al 2012
- Potential Sources of IntraPopulation Variation in the Overwintering Strategy of the Painted Turtle. Riley et al 2014
Statistical Variations in Road Crossing and Population Analyses