Save the dates: Saturday June 8th and Saturday June 15th.
These dates are around the Flowering Moon; the most active time for turtle nesting in central Ontario.
We plan to walk in 7 locations across The Land Between (Ontario's turtle country) in: Bracebridge, Haliburton, Bancroft, Fenelon Falls, Lindsay, Madoc, and Peterborough. Please stay tuned for exact dates and locations.
Walks are to raise awareness and to gain pledges and support for our T5 campaign to support:
- turtles (in care at our centres),
- teaching (kids and landowners),
- tracking (turtle recovery science),
- tunnels (mapping, assessments and installation) and
- trauma (treatment at the Ontario Turtle Conservation Centre, home to Canada's only turtle hospital)
Find out more about our Turtle Walks by visiting www.turtlewalk.ca